Thursday, April 7, 2011

58.365

My most prized possession: my Miata. I bought it about six months after I graduated college and have been moving it from place to place since then. I sold it to a friend when I didn't have a good place to park it and he had it for a little over a year, then I bought it back. It's a serious relationship.

You can say it's girlie or cute or whatever. But it's a perfectly-balanced sports car, even if it's a little underpowered. It's destined to be a classic for some very good reasons: fun to drive, cheap, reliable, nimble on the autocross track, replacement or mod parts are plentiful and pretty cheap, oh, and fun to drive.

I'm slowly rehabbing it starting next week (I hope). It's seen some serious wear even though I've taken good care of it and it's time to show it some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment