Friday, April 8, 2011

59.365

This is what's left after making baked tofu sticks for a picnic the next day. I love the imprints they make on the parchment paper. Here's how I make them:

Mix in a bowl:
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP sesame oil
1 TBSP honey

add the mixture to your tofu that's been cut into sticks and let it marinate for about 20 minutes. Place sticks on something lined with parchment paper and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip them over and bake again for 10 minutes. Done! We dip them in a tiny bit of soy sauce to eat them.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to ask for this recipe! Do they have to be baked on parchment--or can you use a Silpat or sprayed baking sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could use a Silpat (although I don't really know what those are, but I'm assuming they're anti-stick). I don't think spray would work. Once the tofu sticks to your baking surface, you're done. They can be scraped off but they always get mangled.

    ReplyDelete